IT Infrastructure Engineer
N2N Services, Inc. has an immediate need for a Infrastructure Engineer at its Duluth, Georgia headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned engineer to leverage their skills and talents in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting cloud-native applications.
- Understanding of running enterprise-class transactional applications built on a Java stack
- Hands on experience building, supporting, and tuning RDBMS environments, particularly Oracle, mySQL, as well as NoSQL databases (i.e. Mongo); Understanding of SQL tuning required
- Working knowledge of ESB technologies (Mule or Boomi preferred)
- Thorough understanding of Linux (Unix) operating system
- Thorough understanding of IP-based networks, both within virtual private clouds and external network connectivity
- Knowledge of load balancing in multi-tier application environments
- Programming experience with Java desirable but not required
- Experience managing ticket-based enterprise work-flow systems, particularly JIRA and Freshdesk
- Familiarity with SOC 2 compliance obligations for IT, such as in patching, segregation of duties, and change management
- Experience in Docker or similar container technology
- Experience in container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools eg: Terraform, Chef, Puppet
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in virtualization environments
- Experience in monitoring tools
Technical solution development
- Build or modify system environments to serve new purposes or improve workflow
- Test, maintain, and monitor programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of programs and systems
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards
- Help develop a technology architecture by providing input to the Enterprise Architecture team
- Participate as technical lead in complex services and systems integration efforts, developing enterprise-class applications
- Work on the scoping, approval, development, and implementation of infrastructure projects
- Develop infrastructure solutions using industry and company best standards and practices
- Mentor junior infrastructure engineers
- Understanding of business functions and how that informs infrastructure capabilities
- Ability to understand and support complex end-to-end distributed application systems, and contribute to holistic problem resolution.
Planning and Organizing
- Understands tasks required in the job and taking ownership to complete tasks.
- Takes initiative to plan and organize daily activities and tasks.
- Ability to work independently on tasks, develop own work schedule and monitor progress against defined parameters.
- Ability to manage timelines, financial resources if applicable, and the activities of others to achieve success.
- Ability to monitor project progress and provide updates to managers.
- Ability to understand user needs through discussion with stakeholders.
- Ability to convey technical information to stakeholders and promote understanding of relevant issues.
Desired Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related areas
- 5+ years post-graduation experience supporting Linux-based applications in a cloud environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react quickly to new demands in an ever-changing dynamic business and development environment
- Ability to work under pressure, producing results in an agile environment
- Must have a positive and a can-do attitude
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal direction